Popular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
SPECIAL SCIENCE FICTION ISSUE
More than 100 pages of mind-bending science fiction, including original work from Popular Science, a short story anthology from up-and-coming writers, and a graphic novel based on Isaac Asimov's legendary Nightfall, one of the greatest pieces of short science fiction ever written. Free with an annual subscription or available as a single copy.
FROM OUR LATEST ISSUE, AUGUST 2014
• When Inhumans Attack—Whether it’s alien robots in Transformers or human-animal hybrids in Jupiter Ascending, humans are facing plenty of nemeses in the movies. We asked scientists if these beings could ever really exist.
• Scan Artist—Repo men collect 70 million license-plate scans each month using digital recognition equipment. One of them could even be yours.
• Core Truths—Genetically modified foods have become a controversial topic. We take a look at the science behind common claims.
• A Beautiful Mind—Ariel Garten wants to give people the tools to analyze brain activity, then alter it for greater focus and calm.
• The Whole Brilliant Enterprise—We assembled a graphic that explores the history of NASA’s most notable themes based on years of the space agency’s published annual reports.
• Now—A speaker that always knows your favorite songs, wearable gadgets that blend in with your outfit, the physics of a better glass of beer, and more!
• Next—Why selling space is bad for science, an interview with the director of Google’s Project Loon, where wind energy comes from in the U.S., and more!
• Manual—How to build a musical tip jar, a DIY spacesuit for suborbital launches, welding with car batteries, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: email@example.com