Popular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
August 2014 issue highlights:
• 25 Reasons to Love Drones—Be it futuristic pizza delivery or aerial research, drones have the potential to change our lives for good. However, we also have five reasons to be wary of jumping headlong into this new era.
• Infant Possibilities—Scientists can now sequence babies’ genomes in just a few days, a fact that could save lives. But when the sequencing can happen before birth, ethical implications arise.
• A Mission Back in Time—Next year, the Rosetta spacecraft will be the first to land a probe on a comet’s surface. Follow its long, circuitous journey, which started 10 years ago.
• Dispatches from the Future—Ten of the brightest minds in science fiction imagine what entertainment, transportation, aging, war, and food will look like in the future.
• The Ballad of Ron Allum—How a quiet, self-taught engineer built the vessel to take James Cameron to the bottom of the Mariana Trench.
• Now—A phone that’s powered by the sun, a grill that can double as a campsite generator, hi-fi audio’s second coming, and more!
• Next—What the future of antibiotics looks like, the surprising science of lightning, the negative side of cancer screenings, and more!
• Manual—How to pit your drones against others’ in high-flying combat; inside the lab of the woman that’s reverse-engineering a Saturn V rocket computer; a metallic dress that was zapped by Tesla coils, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org