Popular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
April 2014 issue highlights:
• How It Works—In our ninth annual installation of the How It Works feature, we dissect the mysteries of inner Earth, the highest-efficiency solar cell, the mechanics behind a surgical snakebot, and more!
• Radio Tecnico—The Zetas cartel trafficked billions of dollars’ worth of narcotics into the U.S. Get the story behind the unlikely tech geek who helped them create a clandestine radio network that made it all possible.
• The AIDS Cure—Once a pipe dream, scientists are getting closer to determining new methods of wiping out reservoirs of HIV that hide deep within the body.
• Hidden Worlds—One daring scientist is on a quest to map the environment of microbes, starting with your kitchen.
• Now—Sports gear with smart sensors, a telescope that finds stars for you, a lightbulb that will help you sleep—or wake up—and more!
• Next—How climate change alters spring, a pacemaker that uses heartbeats for power, why scientists should stop looking for differences in male and female brains, and more!
• Manual—A drivable, life-size car made from LEGOs, how to turn an empty beer can into a camera, a glowing ring powered by body heat, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: email@example.com