A video is worth a thousand words, you can check a "thrilling" demo of Everyday Looper here : http://www.tinyurl.com/ELDemo3
Everyday Looper allows you to record 4 musical phrases - 6 on an iPad - and loop them right away. You can then mix and merge them on the fly.
Thanks to the metronome (click track) and the auto start/stop of recording (quantized recording), reachable in the tools and options menu, it's suited for two-handed instruments too.
- As seen on CNN -
"Looping needs to be ultra-simple, instantaneous and spontaneous. None of the apps I tried made that possible. None of them until Everyday Looper." CultOfMac.com
"A superb combination of GarageBand and Electroplankton" MacLife.de (4/5)
"This app really enables musicians to jot down an idea or create a masterpiece right from their devices" AppVee.com (5/5)
Search YouTube for "Everyday Looper" to see many great user videos !
Here is what we've got :
New In Version 1.6
UNDO / REDO
• Restore the previous version of a track modified by recording, erasing or merging.
• Send individual tracks or mixes of your loops, in AAC or WAV format, by email.
• Menu and icon updated to match iOS 7 and 8 look.
NO BUTTON USER INTERFACE
• Tap or swipe on displayed waveforms to play / pause / stop / record / change volume / erase.
• Auto-normalization of each track to reach their maximum non clipped volume by the swipe of a finger.
• Master Limiter to not worry about clipping after tracks mixing.
TRACK MERGING [Added In Version 1.1]
• Merge one track with another one in real-time, with limiter.
OVERDUB RECORDING [Added In Version 1.4]
• Choose your recording mode between Overdub and Replace.
• Automatically start/stop recording at the beginning/end of a loop, as an option. Perfect for instruments that require your 2 hands.
STEREO TRACKS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Pan your tracks in the stereo field.
TRACK MUTING [Added In Version 1.2]
• Very useful for switching between a track you use as a chorus and another one you use as a verse. Optionally quantizable to loop.
• Metronome track generator to create a X clicks at Y BPMs base track.
AUDIO COPY/PASTE [Added In Version 1.2]
• Copy and paste tracks to and from other audio apps. Great for using that nice beat you laid down in BeatMaker as a "de luxe" metronome.
MIDI CONTROLLERS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record, Play/Pause and Stop can be triggered by a MIDI controller.
LATENCY COMPENSATION [Added In Version 1.2]
• For you tracks to be perfectly synchronized. Sub millisecond precision.
• Export your tracks to your computer over WiFi in 44100Hz/16Bits Wav format.
2 INPUT CHANNELS [Added In Version 1.5]
• Record channel 1 or 2, both simultaneously or as a stereo source. Require an audio device that provides 2 input channels such as the Alesis iO Dock.
4 TRACKS (on iPhone) - 6 TRACKS (on iPad) [Added In Version 1.3]
• Up to 45 seconds of recording for each track.
To be noted : This app is all about recording. No pre-recorded samples are included and iPod Touch users will need an external microphone.
Here is the detailed documentation + video tutorial : http://www.mancingdolecules.com/everyday-looper/documentation
For all problems/suggestions, please visit our forum http://www.mancingdolecules.com/forum
Follow us on Twitter : @MancingDols