National Geographic has taken its award-winning World Atlas and updated it completely for 2013 with a new look, improved functionality, and brand new features.
ALL MAPS UPDATED
• All National Geographic maps are in HD for retina-displays, giving you the best viewing experience possible.
• New infographics enhance each country's Flags and Facts section.
• Better measurement tools give you even more accuracy.
• Store your pins in the cloud and share them across devices. Plan a trip on your iPad, then use your customized map on your iPhone.
• Add and customize collections of map pins
• Get up-to-the-minute weather
• Check the latest currency conversion rates, or use the currency calculator to convert from one currency to another
• See latitude and longitude indications directly, with a tap of your finger.
ABOUT THE WORLD ATLAS
The National Geographic World Atlas brings you the highest resolution images available, delivering the stunning detail, accuracy, and beauty National Geographic is known for.
See the world in any style you prefer: classic (blue ocean), antique, satellite, or road map style (provided by Bing maps).
Spin, pan, and zoom in on the world with our interactive 3-D globe and seamless world map layers. Place pins to mark spots and save them for later.
FLAGS AND FACTS
Get up-to-date information on every country and capital city in the world, including socio-economic data, demographics, weather, and currency.
**All maps, pins, and latitude-longitude coordinates are for reference-use only, and are not meant for navigational use.
**Please Note: this app requires an initial network (cellular or wifi) connection to download maps for offline use.