iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files (iOS 3.2 or newer required).
The unique "Scrollpad" feature lets instantly scroll to any location within a web page (Tap with three fingers on the screen to activate the Scrollpad).
iCab Mobile itself can be password protected. When password protection is on, you can enable a guest mode with limited privileges which is available without a password. The guest mode can have its own subset of bookmarks and search engines.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support (iOS 4.2 required)
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- VGA Out: Web pages can be didplayed on an external display.
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Autorotation supported
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes (skins) on the iPhone/iPod Touch
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device (iOS 3.2/4.x required)
- Downloads can continue while the app is in the background, playing audio files in web pages can continue in the background.