★★★★★ Gizmodo App of the Day! (September 22, 2011) ★★★★★
Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is a new vector for bringing files into your home or business network. While there is no known malware for iOS, files can flow through your device into your computers at home and at work, by e-mail, or via remote locations such as MobileMe or Dropbox. Mac and Windows viruses, malware and worms will take any path they can to get into your home and work computers, and can easily be passed on to friends and co-workers directly from your iOS device.
VirusBarrier iOS lets you easily scan e-mail attachments, other files you have access to on your iOS device, or files on remote locations such as MobileMe and DropBox, web servers or WebDAV and FTP shares. VirusBarrier iOS uses Intego's award-winning VirusBarrier X6 scanning technology to detect and eradicate all known malware affecting Windows or Macs: viruses, worms, Trojan horses, fake antiviruses, and other types of malware that might otherwise pass through undetected.
Due to the secure design of iOS, it is not possible to scan files automatically or to run scheduled scans. VirusBarrier iOS is an "on-demand" detection system that lets you scan files when you want to.
- On-demand scans of files received by e-mail, on remote locations, or on iOS devices
- Scans files for Mac OSX, Windows and Unix viruses and malware
- Scans files for spyware, Trojan horses, adware, hacker tools, dialers, keyloggers and more
- Scans ZIP archives
- Repairs infected files
- Scans email attachments*, files downloaded from Safari*, and files accessed by apps supporting inter-app file transfers*.
- Scans remote locations, such as DropBox, iDisks, WebDAV and FTP shares
- Scan websites for known phishing URLs, web threats, and malware hosting
- Automatically updates malware definitions
- Completes scans in the background
- Keeps logs of scans
- Includes a 1-year subscription to malware definitions
VirusBarrier iOS includes 12 months of malware definition updates. These malware definitions are updated regularly.
At the end of the 12-month period, you may:
* purchase an additional subscription at a cost of US$1.99 / CA$1.99 / £1.19 / 1,59 € / AU$2.49 / ¥230 per year.
* decline this subscription offer, and stop using the app.
The subscription renews automatically unless auto-renew is turned off in your iTunes Store account at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for a new subscription automatically within 24 hours prior to the end of your 12-month subscription. After the initial 12-month period, if you choose to purchase a subscription, you can manage this subscription in your iTunes Store account settings. No cancellation is allowed during an active subscription period.