• "Speak ‘N Spell for the iPad Generation" - The New York Times
• Featured by Apple as 'New and Noteworthy' for iPad and iPhone, and in ‘Apps For Learning to Write’ & 'Apps for Kids'
• Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design - Children's Technology Review
• Used in US Schools (27K units sold to schools)
• More than 110,000 Units Sold
Word Wizard is a unique app that lets kids hear the sounds of letters and words using a talking movable alphabet. Featuring advanced text to speech capabilities, the app can pronounce and spell-check an unlimited number of original words and sentences built using the movable alphabet.
Word Wizard also provides spelling practice with a list of more than 1,400 questions and answers, and the best is that you can add your own words to create any spelling quiz, and track the progress of your kids thanks to detailed reports.
Accolades and Awards
• The New York Times
"This is an important breakthrough in reading instruction, because it leverages the iPad’s size, powerful speech synthesis abilities and touchscreen, so that every letter can be a building block of phonetically accurate sound"
Featured as 'New and Noteworthy' for iPad and iPhone, and in ‘Apps For Learning to Write’ & 'Apps for Kids'
• Children's Technology Review
Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design - 4.8 stars out of 5 - "Turn your iPad into a talking alphabet/language generator - and the perfect tool for a child just starting to experiment with letters and their sounds"
• Wired's GeekDad
"This is a fantastic app for young children, right through to children in later elementary school which makes it an app worth having on your iPad."
"This is a terrific educational learning tool for emergent readers. It’s also a fantastic resource for spelling practice."
Editor's Choice - "This is the perfect app for any child who is learning how to read, or to supplement advanced vocabulary lessons through fifth grade."
• “I love the talking alphabet. (...) The app supports letter recognition, phonological awareness, spelling and self-correction without sacrificing fun. I will certainly recommend it to early educators.”
Mary Ellin Logue, Ed.D
Associate Professor, Early Childhood Education,University of Maine
-> Check demo on YouTube to understand how this app is unique: http://bit.ly/wordwizardvideo2
Talking Movable Alphabet Activity
• Pronounce and spell-check any word or number
• Natural Sounding Voice (two American voices and one British voice)
• Letter sound (phonic) or name when a letter is touched in the alphabet
• Alphabetic or Qwerty Keyboard
• Optional magnetic grid to ease letters placement
• Uppercase or lowercase letters
• Keyboard emulation option (dragging letters is then optional)
• 4 letter sizes available (allowing more or less letters on the board)
• Voice Transformer (speed,tone) for added fun
• You can even customize pronunciation of any word
Fun Spelling Tests Activity
Word Wizard also features hundreds of fun spelling quizzes using the talking Movable Alphabet. Features of this activity are:
• 184 word lists of 10 words: Words for beginners, Dolch Words, 1000 most frequently Used Words, body parts,...
• Create custom Word Lists by entering custom words and sentences, and even share lists
• User Profiles and Detailed Spelling Test Reports
• Hints are available if kids do not know how to spell a word
• Colorful animations are displayed when a word is completed
• Once a quiz is completed, interactive animations are available as a reward
Word Wizard is a universal application that can be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (without requiring you to purchase it twice).
Please send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are listening to our users to improve our products.