**The National Parenting Publication Awards: Honors winner in the Children's Media/Virtual category.**
"I like Mindshapes’ take on the story and their updating it with some nice graphics. The choices for interactivity are perfect for children and are not overly complicated to launch." WIRED's Geek Dad
Our educational app will keep your kids fascinated. The playful humor, stylish animation and interactive features will draw them back to read again & again.
Mindshapes sets a new standard for interactive educational apps for kids, designed around academic principles.
Jack and the Beanstalk by Mindshapes is the first of a new range of products designed for the iPad that unleashes its potential to become an educational toy. Each page of this app is highly immersive, with tasks that kids can complete to progress the story, including:
* Swiping and tapping the cloud to generate rain in order to see the beanstalk grow overnight
* Gathering the plates into the sink to create bubbles that can then be popped with a screen tap
The classic fairy tale is re-interpreted through beautifully crafted animation, injected with cheeky humour and produced by Mindshapes’ award-winning design and animation team. The challenges and interactions have been overseen by Mindshapes’ educational consultants to develop a range of skills through play:
* Developing fine motor skills: children can use the accelerometer to control the flight of Jack up and down the beanstalk
* Language development: the app gives parents the option to select either “Read by Myself” or “Read to Me”, highlighting the words being read to help the emerging reader
* Understand basic physics: children can play with the magic beans and bounce them around the screen, colliding and falling in accordance with gravity and the orientation of the iPad
Watch a trailer for this app on YouTube at www.youtube.com/mindshapesltd
**CHECK OUT OUR OTHER FUN AND EDUCATIONAL APPS** ‘Meteor Math’ and ‘Hickory Dickory Dock.
Our fun educational apps make great gifts. Click the arrow next to “Buy App” and select ‘gift this app’.
**HEAR ABOUT OUR LATEST APPS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE** follow us on facebook.com/mindshapes or twitter.com/mindshapes