Runner’s World, the world’s leading running magazine, is available on the iPad. Every month you’ll enjoy in-depth features; training, nutrition, and injury-prevention advice; and gear reviews–plus exclusive audio, video, photo slideshows, quizzes, and much more.
NOVEMBER ISSUE NOW AVAILABLE!
NYC Marathon Special
• Your Friend, Kara! (Inc.): With a new outlook on life, Kara Goucher is racing again and ready to share her reborn passion—and some wine—with the world.
Running the Data
• Who Will Run A 2-Hour Marathon?: Nine factors must converge for this mythic barrier to be broken. Hint: He’ll be 5'6", and it’ll be cold, possibly in Poland.
• The Ravenous Runner: Sandwiches: Who doesn’t love piling deliciousness between sliced carbs? Eight recipes take this favorite dish up a notch with the most nutritious breads, savory fillings, and tangy condiments for any running appetite.
RW Tested: Treadmills
• Rise of the Machines: With plummeting temps on the horizon, we review eight of the sweetest indoor rides that’ll keep you fit—and get you fast.
• In the Human Race section: Sikhs who cultivate body and soul in New York, a profile of prolific, oddball racer Michael Wardian, a 35-time New York City Marathon runner, and more!
• Columns: Marc Parent talks about how running is good for the gray matter (The Newbie Chronicles), while Cheryl Lock writes about giving spectators a little love (Life & Times).
• In the Training section: After your big fall race, set new goals based on how it went.
• In the Fuel section: The one potato that can make any meal.
• In the Mind + Body section: Muscle cramps can stop you dead—use a little science to fix ’em fast.
• In the Gear section: Street sneaks with a retro look and a modern feel. Plus: Six hoodies that can pull double duty—on the run or around town.
• In the Races+Places section: Kick off T-day with the Philadelphia Turkey Trot. Plus: The reason why races ban headphones.
• I’m a Runner: Kirk Acevedo, an actor who appeared in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, talks about his goal of going sub-3:00 at the New York City Marathon and more.
• Bonus videos
… and much more.
***Please make sure to update your iPad to iOS5 to take full advantage of all the new functionality in this application.
1-Year Subscription: $19.99, automatically renewed until canceled
·New issues will be automatically downloaded to your iPad as they become available
·The new Runner's World iPad edition supports progressive downloading, so you can view the issue as it downloads
·Your credit card will automatically be charged for another subscription period unless you change your subscription preferences in your account settings.
·Don't delete your existing Runner's World app! Use it to receive free access to previously downloaded issues.