Scout is your daily personal navigator that gets you around traffic wherever you go. Powered by over 100 million traffic sources, Scout offers traffic-conquering tools designed specifically for when you’re on the go. From your daily commute to everyday errands and weekend fun, Scout gets you—and gets you there with free voice-guided GPS navigation.
• Do more with less hassle—The personal commute dashboard is updated in real time with the most relevant local info. See your traffic-based commute times and current traffic flows, with zero tapping needed. And with just a tap, find your recent and favorite destinations, discover nearby places like restaurants and cheap gas stations, and get turn-by-turn navigation to home and work.
• NEW! No typing necessary—Yes, that’s right! Just say “Hey Scout!” to activate voice commands to search and drive to places.
• NEW! Stay connected wherever you go--Log in with Facebook to sync your favorites, recents and settings across multiple devices.
• Find anything fast—Scout’s OneBox search has faster and more intelligent autocomplete for better, relevant, and easier-to-read results. And you can now search without typing by saying “Hey Scout!”
• Beat traffic—Scout gives you the most efficient routes with the least amount of traffic, one-tap adaptive rerouting to avoid jams, street-level traffic views for major roads and side streets, live alerts to help you navigate around upcoming traffic incidents and police speed traps, turn-by-turn traffic summary for your route, and more!
• Always have the best route—In addition to multiple routes to choose from, Scout uses Adaptive Routing to look out for time-saving and traffic-beating options as you drive and lets you switch with one tap if a better route is available or to avoid an incident.
• Help others beat traffic too—Report traffic congestion, police, road hazards, and accidents with a simple tap to help you fellow Scout drivers avoid gridlock or being pulled over.
• Get free voice guidance—Scout guides you to your destination with free turn-by-turn, voice navigation and also listens to your voice commands to search or drive, so you can enjoy the journey hands free and without distractions.
• No more “where are you??” texts—Scout lets others know when you’ll be there and lets them follow your real-time progress on a map with OnMyWay® ETA-sharing.
• Discover the local weekend scene—Find places to go and things to do like live music, bars, shows, family events, sports, movies, and more. Plan online at www.scout.me and sync your favorites between the site and the app.
• Find your friends in Scout and share places and events with them through email, SMS, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Get your questions answered for free with live support at the Scout community forum http://ourcommunity.scout.me.
• Learn more about Scout for iPhone at www.scout.me/iphone.
What’s the word on Scout?
“Scout is as easy on the eyes as it is easy to use.” - Mashable
“Scout is my preferred iOS maps alternative.” Joel Evans, ZDNet
“Scout is immediately a commuter’s best friend.” Jamie Lendino, PCMagazine
“Scout wins Best for Design” Travel & Leisure, Best GPS Apps for Travel
“Top Travel App” – Departures.com
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
• Scout’s map and search coverage is currently for the USA only.