• Chart topping app from the most trusted names in education• Over 2.5 million books read and video More...
• Chart topping app from the most trusted names in education
• Over 2.5 million books read and video field trips viewed in less than a year!
• Mom’s Choice Award, Gold Honoree
• PC Magazine’s Top 100 Favorite Apps and Editor’s Choice Award
An on-the-go library of quality books and video field trips for children ages 3 to 9.
Hosted by LeVar Burton, this unlimited reading service offers a trusted library of books customized to your child’s interests, plus exciting video field trips to visit fascinating people and places. New books and videos are added every week expanding the collection.
Children travel to themed islands, such as Animal Kingdom, Awesome People and Genius Academy, discovering quality books from numerous acclaimed publishers. Each book comes alive with audio storytelling by celebrity actors, including spoken word Grammy winner Burton himself, and features light animations and activities to enhance the story.
Similar to the Reading Rainbow television series, children journey with Burton on exciting video field trips. These in-app segments connect the stories your children read to the world they live in and use a combination of newly produced video as well as classic segments from the TV show.
Plus, the service is always expanding and features new books and video field trips added every week. More themed islands are always “coming soon” featuring content from renowned children’s publishers and brands.
Up to five children in a family can use the service at no additional cost. Each child will have their own customized reading experience including a personalized digital backpack, reading list, and individualized tracking so parents can see books selected and minutes read for each of their children.
The app is free to try and a subscription service is available offering unlimited access to the library for just $9.99 a month or a valued price of $29.99 for six months (less than $5 per month).
• Over 200 books and video field trips
• New books and videos added every week
• Easy discovery of books based on your child’s age and interests
• Accounts for up to five children in family, at no additional cost
• Read to Me or Read on my Own options
• Delightful interactive activities in every book
• Reward program to motivate reading
• Parent dashboard to share a child’s reading progress
How the Reading Rainbow App Works
• All app users may select a single book and view introductory videos for free.
• To subscribe and receive unlimited access to the library, choose either a monthly recurring subscription for $9.99 or a six-month recurring subscription for $29.99.
• Your subscription is for your iTunes account and can be used on additional iPads you own.
• Payments will be charged to your account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• Subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the active subscription period.
|Requirements:||Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.|
|Supports Game Center:||No.|
|In App Purchases:||
Top In App Purchases
Unpaid AppData accounts show only two weeks of data. Please consider upgrading to a full account for access to all our historical data.
Tweets by @AppDataIN