Chief Meteorologist Glenn Burns and Severe Weather Team 2 have produced the most accurate local weather technology available, “The WSBTV Weather App.”
The 24/7 iPad App is constantly updated with the latest Atlanta area storm and forecast information. The free service includes Severe Weather Team 2’s 5-day Forecast with the “Weekend Always in View.”
Live Stormtracker 2HD Radar zooms down to your neighborhood or zooms out to check radar anywhere in the country.
Location based Storm Alerts will signal three tones to direct you to the latest severe weather warnings. Under Tornado Warnings, the App streams live coverage of Channel 2 Action News and Severe Weather Team 2 tracking storms and giving out minute-by-minute information on specific streets and neighborhoods threatened by the storm.
WSB-TV’s Weather App keeps you in touch with Severe Weather Team 2 using social media including Facebook, Twitter and interactive uploads of your photos and videos directly from your mobile device.
This Weather App focuses on complete North Georgia Weather Coverage.
**** SUMMARY of iPad Features ****
• One of a kind swipe carousel navigation
• Accurate weather tools that display hourly, five and seven-day forecast
• Storm alerts: audible tones warning you of pending danger
• Up- to-date video forecasts from Severe Weather Team 2
• Interactive social technology that keeps you in touch with the WSBTV Severe Weather Team
• Stunning High-Definition Live cameras from Midtown to Hartsfield Jackson Airport
• Channel 2 Action News broadcasts streamed live every day.
• Live streaming StormTracker 2HD Radar
• Multi-City forecasting keeps you alerted to Severe Weather in loved ones locations.
**** SUMMARY of iPhone FEATURES ****
• Current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts for any location you enter
• Audio forecasts for any location you enter
• Background tracking for current location updates
• Alert badges for more than 110+ alert types
• Push notifications for 6 of the 110+ alert types including tornadoes
• Level 3 interactive radar, animation/loops and visible satellite map
• One, two, and three-day outlooks from NOAA's Storm Prediction Center
• Twitter & Facebook feeds
• Additional items added seasonally
**** IN-APP PURCHASES ****
You can turn your app into a NOAA Weather Radio safety and security app for $4.99. You will get voice enabled push alerts for all remaining alert types (more than 110+) powered by a highly scalable, fully redundant, alerting and messaging engine. The premium features include push notifications for more than 110 National Weather Service alert types, voice announcements of alerts, and more.
*Data and alerting available for the United States only.
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life